Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sunflowers


One of my favourite flowers to grow at home is the Sunflower. It once began just as a fun thing to do in the empty pots i had laying around. How i try and arrrange them so that there are different heights and colours to make the area look more effective. I originally began with the Russian Giant at 2-3 metres but this year I have discovered some even bigger ones and they are busy germinating under the soil so i havenet seen how big they wil twoer above me yet.

I think it is amazing how we can drive home and see these huge flower heads towering above me and they never fail to bring me a smile. The great thing is that they are full of life and colour.
Why not try them in your gardenand see what fun you can have too. Great for children too.

No comments:

Post a Comment